Up to date Sunday, September 11 at 10:45pm
Discover the right issues to do in H-City with our Weekend Information for Thursday, September 15 to Sunday, September 18, 2022.
Add an Occasion, Provide or Attraction
Have an occasion, attraction, or providing that we missed? Tell us at [email protected] or order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day (often sooner). Contact us at [email protected] to study extra.
Issues to Do All Weekend Lengthy
- Sugar Land Space Cowboys vs. Salt Lake Bees at Constellation Field | Every day – The House Cowboys take the diamond for one in every of their last residence sequence of the season, wrapping up a six-gamer towards the Bees. $7 and up. Times vary.
- Comedian Mo Amer at Houston Improv | Thursday & Friday – Recent off the model new launch of his Netflix sequence, Mo, the Houston comedian spends three nights on the Improv, providing his takes on rising up as an Arab American and dwelling in H-City. Remaining tickets begin at $50 for two, and up. Times vary.
- Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics at Minute Maid Park | Thursday to Sunday – This four-game sequence opens with Trainer Appreciation Evening, adopted by Hispanic Heritage Weekend with particular jersey giveaways, fireworks, a sugar cranium bobblehead, a avenue fest, and extra. $23 and up. Times vary.
- Autumn Acres Gift Market at the Robinson Pavilion in Katy | Friday & Saturday – Get a leg up on the vacation purchasing and adorning season on the return of this annual market that showcases gadgets for fall and Christmas from native distributors. $5, good for each days. 10am to 6pm.
- Smashtoberfest 2022 at New Magnolia Brewing | Friday & Saturday – One of many largest Tremendous Smash Bros. tournaments in North America lands on the Heights brewery for 2 days of competitors with native distributors and ice chilly brews. $10 to compete; free for non-contestants. Times vary.
- Comedian Frank Castillo at Rudyard’s Pub | Friday & Saturday – With appearances on Comedy Central, Showtime and as podcast co-host of Peak’d and Buddies, the comic who just lately launched his debut comedy album Lupe in late 2021 involves Montrose for back-to-back nights of hilarity. $17 and up. Times vary.
- The Conjurer: An Intimate Magical Experience with Master Magician Curt Miller in Downtown | Friday & Saturday – By a mix of close-up magic, side-splitting clear comedy and viewers interplay, Magician Curt Miller dazzles crowds on back-to-back nights on the Marriott Marquis in Downtown. $85 and up. 8pm.
- Texas GatorFest at Historic Fort Anahuac Park | Friday to Sunday – Stand up near gators for a weekend of instructional actions and family-friendly leisure with carnival rides, native distributors, airboat rides, tasty eats and extra. $20; $5 for ages 6 to 12; free for ages 5 and beneath. Times vary.
- Houston Home & Garden Show at NRG Center | Friday to Sunday – Collect all the pieces you want to your subsequent residence enchancment undertaking, from merchandise and consultations with trade specialists to native distributors and informative panels. $8; free for ages 16 and beneath. Times vary.
- Fall Art Gallery Celebration 2022 at Multiple Locations | Friday to Sunday | FREE – Practically two dozen galleries round Houston host their very own night of artwork programming, providing guests an opportunity to cease by a number of spots and discover the visible arts of town. Times vary.
- Juraj Valčuha Inaugural Weekend: Verdi’s Requiem at Jones Hall | Friday to Sunday – Houston Symphony’s new music director, Juraj Valčuha leads the Symphony in a efficiency of Giuseppe Verdi’s Requiem for his first weekend main the orchestra. $29 and up. Times vary.
- Fall Festival Opening Weekend at Blessington Farms | Saturday & Sunday – Welcome the autumn season in the easiest way on the west-of-Katy acreage generally known as Blessington Farms. Along with Trainer Appreciation Weekend, the farm will open up fall actions from pumpkin patch selecting to hay rides, bounce pads and far more. $24 for ages 2 and up. 9am to 4pm.
- Houston Blues & Jazz Festival at Multiple Locations | Saturday & Sunday | FREE – The primary of two weekends in September sees world-renown names in jazz come to Houston venues, together with exhausting bop greats Nellie McKay and the Cookers at Miller Out of doors Theatre, and Frank Lacy and Bayou Metropolis Funk at Axelrad. Each exhibits are free. Times vary.
- George H.W. Bush Memorial Exhibit at National Museum of Funeral History | Every day – Take within the preparations and mementos of a President’s passing on the George H.W. Bush Memorial exhibit at Nationwide Museum of Funeral Historical past (NMFH). $10. Times vary.
Go to Worthy Present Retailers, Markets & Extra Locations
- Top Gift & Specialty Stores Around Houston – Discover unique items and goodies in unique locations round H-City, together with All of the Feels in Midtown, the Flora Cultura in Uptown, Kaboom Books within the Heights, Kinokuniya in Katy Asian City, and extra.
- Summer Markets in Greater Houston – Store native and contemporary from the farm with our information to weekly and month-to-month markets going down in all corners of Better Houston.
- Limited Time Museum Exhibits & Art Installations Around Greater Houston | Every day | Many FREE – Discover the various putting, beautiful, and various reveals exploring historical past, science, artwork, tradition, and creativity across the Better Houston metro space.
Ongoing Theater Exhibits & Arts Performances
Many performs, musicals, and different stage exhibits span a number of weeks. Scroll down to search out new exhibits opening this week, then ongoing performances, adopted by exhibits which might be wrapping up this weekend.
- Lend Me A Soprano at Alley Theatre | Friday to Sunday | Opening Weekend – On this world premiere by Ken Ludwig, the supervisor of the Cleveland Grand Opera Firm is able to welcome a preeminent soprano to city for a single present of Carmen. The soprano turns up late, her husband is jealous, and it falls to the supervisor’s assistant to determine how the present can go on. Ludwig based mostly the present on his personal smash hit Lend Me A Tenor. $26 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Karen Stokes Dance presents Mapping & Glaciers at MATCH | Saturday & Sunday | Opening Weekend – With choreography, movie and route by Karen Stokes, and unique music by Samuel Lipman, Mapping & Glaciers merges movie, dance, and music to discover human ideas of territory and connection in a world of melting glaciers. $35 and up. 7:30pm.
- Trouble in Mind at Main Street Theater | Saturday & Sunday | Opening Weekend – The Rice Village theater opens the 2022-23 season with this regional premiere, the story of a gifted Black actress on the cusp of getting all she’s dreamed of—however what rules will she need to sacrifice to get it? $44 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Stages presents Dream: The Music of the Everly Brothers at the Gordy | Every day | Ongoing – With their tight harmonies and songs that unmistakably captured the innocence of younger love, the Everly Brothers left a permanent legacy on music, which DREAM explores by means of their story and 25 of their songs. $30 and up. Showtimes vary.
- The Moonlit Princess at Rec Room Arts | Thursday to Saturday | Ultimate Weekend – This world premiere relies on a Persian fairy story that may be a common story. Little Mah loses her dad and mom and endures a string of hardships, however by means of her challenges, she strives to decide on kindness. Pay-what-you-can; advised value of $40. Showtimes vary.
- Houston Ballet presents Peter Pan at Wortham Center | Friday to Sunday | Ultimate Weekend – Houston Ballet presents a reinterpretation of Sir James M. Barrie’s traditional story, Peter Pan, that includes flying sequences, swashbuckling sword fights, large puppets, and extra. $25 and up. Times vary.
Tickets to Houston Professional Sports activities Video games
Thursday, September 15, 2022
- Kendra Scott Book Signing at CityCentre – The legendary jewellery designer and entrepreneur is on the town to have a good time the discharge of her memoir, Born to Shine. This occasion takes place on the Kendra Scott Retailer in CityCentre. Tickets embody a replica of the e-book, entry to the signing, and a meet-and-greet photograph with Kendra Scott. $35. 4pm to 6pm.
- Children’s Bingo at Levy Park | FREE – Superb for ages 4 to 12, this half hour bingo sport helps children follow letters and numbers whereas incomes prizes. Playing cards and markers are provided. 4:30pm.
- United We Dine at GSH Event Center – This eating occasion brings collectively the meals and tradition of the worldwide group to have a good time Houston’s variety whereas elevating cash for the work that The Alliance does to assist refugees and underserved people within the metropolis. $150 and up. 6pm.
- Holocaust Museum Houston presents Book Talk with Author Julissa Arce | Digital – HMH welcomes creator Julissa Arce to kick off Latinx Heritage Month with a dialogue of her new e-book, You Sound Like a White Lady: The Case for Rejecting Assimilation. Free; advised donation begins at $18. 6pm to 7pm.
- Artist Talk: Nancy Grossman at the Menil Collection | FREE – Artist Nancy Grossman and the Menil’s Senior Curator Michelle White focus on the artist’s follow of greater than fifty years, together with the provocative works—Gunhead and Head—that are each on show within the museum’s galleries. 6pm.
- Retired South Korea General In-Bum Chun on North Korea, China & U.S. at Asia Society Texas Center – Basic Chun arrives at Asia Society Texas to debate the function of alliances, China’s energy, and the realities of North Korea. $30. 6pm.
- Arte Público Press presents Latino Arts Showcase at Moores Opera House – Celebrating its fortieth anniversary, Artwork Público Press presents a showcase of Latino performing arts showcase of UH’s Mariachi Puma, Brazilian dance and drum group Sambabom, River Oaks Chamber Orchestra unveiling a chunk based mostly on Sandra Cisneros’ The Home of Mango Road, and extra. $250 and up. 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- El Grito featuring Son Rompe Pera at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Fiestas Patrias kicks off with the annual Grito ceremony at Miller Out of doors, that includes Mexico Metropolis’s Son Rompe Pera performing up to date cumbia centered on the sounds of the marimba. 7pm.
- Clay Melton in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The younger Texas-based blues rocker takes to the upstairs stage at White Oak, joined by Rental House and Pearl Z. $12 and up. 7pm.
- Salsa Night at Post Houston | FREE – All ranges of dancers are welcome to this Third Thursday occasion at Put up’s criss-crossed staircase the place Love Dance HTX hosts an evening of Latin dance classes, performances, social dancing and attractive drinks. 7:30pm to 9pm.
- The NPR Politics Podcast Live at Hobby Center – After a 2-year hiatus, the NPR Politics Podcast returns to the stage on the Passion Heart, that includes a panel of your NPR voices—Ashley Lopez, Asma Khalid, Domenico Montanaro, Susan Davis and Tamara Keith. $40.25 and up. 8pm.
- Sueco in Concert at Warehouse Live – The LA-based alt rapper brings his newest album, It Was Enjoyable Whereas It Lasted, to the EaDo music venue. $23. 8pm.
- Winona Forever in Concert at the Secret Group – The indie four-piece stops by Secret Group to carry out songs from their new launch, Butterflies. $13. 8pm.
- Daddy Yankee in Concert at Toyota Center – El Rey de Reggaeton prepares to say “Adios por la última vez,” as he’s retiring from music, when he comes by means of Houston on his La Última Vuelta Tour. $61 and up. 8pm.
- Two Tons of Steel in Concert at Dosey Doe: the Big Barn – The rockabilly and Texas nation band heads to the Woodlands for a twangy night time of tunes. $18 and up. 8:30pm.
- Play N Skillz in Concert at Rise Rooftop – The Grammy Award–successful DJ duo takes over the rooftop stage in Midtown for an evening of remixes and good vibes. $20 and up. 10pm.
- Extra Nice Issues to Do All Weekend Lengthy – A few of the greatest issues to do are occurring all weekend lengthy. Scroll up and see our listing, or browse Houston Experiences to avoid wasting on museum passes, excursions, and extra.
Friday, September 16, 2022
- Cookbook Launch: Anita Jaisinghani of Pondicheri at MFA Shop | FREE – Houston chef Anita Jaisinghani of Pondicheri restaurant visits Museum of Effective Arts, Houston for the debut launch of her cookbook, Masala: Recipes from India, the Land of Spices. Meet the chef, take pleasure in gentle hors d’oeuvres, and buy a signed copy of the e-book. 4pm to 6pm.
- Fiestas Patrias at Telomarket | FREE – In Better Fifth Ward, the grocery retailer on Lyons Avenue carves out some area for a Fiestas Patrias celebration that options free meals, folkloric dance performances, music and raffle prizes. 5pm.
- Mexican Independence Day at Clay Family Eastern Glades | FREE – Sprawl out at Memorial Park’s Jap Glades with a night of scrumptious meals, dancing from Mixteco Ballet Folklorico and music by Mariachi Tradicion de Jalisco. 5:30pm to 9pm.
- Urban Impressions Opening Reception at Moody Center for the Arts | FREE – The Rice College gallery area opens this exhibition that includes a world collection of artists who concentrate on the overarching and shared features of city life. 6pm to 8pm.
- Fall 2022 Exhibitions Opening Reception at Lawndale Art Center | FREE – Swing by the Museum District for a trio of recent exhibitions opening for the season; Love is a Home That Even Demise Can’t Knock Down, a gaggle exhibition; Lo que me queda de tu amor (What’s Left of Your Love for Me), a curated exhibit; and the most recent addition to The Sankofa Venture, that includes Lovie Olivia. 6pm to 8pm.
- Forbidden Garden Opening Reception at the Grogan Gallery | FREE – Artist Carlos Gamez de Francisco might be readily available to unveil a sequence of recent painted works, together with a meet-and-greet alternative, complimentary bites, and music from DJ Hiram. 6pm to 9pm.
- Brew at the Houston Zoo – This 21-and-up night time on the Zoo returns, providing beer tastings from eight common Texas breweries—with over 30 beers to select from, together with gluten-free choices—plus reside music, arcade video games, night animal viewings and extra. $45 contains admission, an 8-ounce commemorative memento cup and 6 4-ounce beer samplings from any of the breweries; $35 for occasion entry solely. 6pm to 10pm.
- Silverstein and the Amity Affliction in Concert at Warehouse Live – The early 2000s emo group involves city in help of their newest launch, Distress Made Me, joined by metalcore group the Amity Affliction. $29.50 and up. 7pm.
- Burlesque Birthday Bash at Social Beer Garden HTX | FREE – Celebrating its first anniversary, the Social Beer Backyard burlesque present welcomes performers from across the space for an 11pm present, preceded by an all-female distributors market and feminine DJs. 7pm.
- Oliver Penn in Concert at No Label Brewing Co. | No Cowl – The Katy brewery welcomes Texas singer-songwriter Oliver Penn, who brings songs from his newest EP, Ollie Sings the Blues. 7pm to 10pm.
- All Access Art Show at the Ballroom at Bayou Place – The month-to-month artwork present returns to Downtown with a Studio 54 theme that includes native artwork, distributors, performances and extra. $15 and up. 7pm to midnight.
- Sammy Hagar & the Circle in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – The Purple Rocker himself alongside along with his rock royalty band, The Circle, involves city touting his latest launch, Loopy Occasions. “Unhealthy to the Bone” rocker George Thorogood will help. $18 and up. 7:30pm.
- The Ultimate Donna Summer Tribute at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Rainere Martin assumes the persona of the unique disco queen when she takes the Hermann Park stage for an evening of Donna Summer time hits like “Scorching Stuff,” “Final Dance,” and plenty of others. 8pm.
- DPR in Concert at Bayou Music Center – The Downtown venue hosts the South Korea-based multi-genre music and video group for a novel live performance expertise whereas on the Regime World Tour. $75 and up. 8pm.
- John Moreland in Concert at the Heights Theater – Recent after releasing his summer season album, Birds within the Ceiling, the Oklahoma-based singer-songwriter spends an evening on the Heights Theater. $24 and up. 8pm.
- ’90s By Nature: Throwback Jam at ReBar – DJ Rocabye and a particular visitor might be readily available, spinning tunes from boy bands, woman teams, one-hit wonders and dance artists of the ’90s on the LGBTQ+ dance night time organized by Lesbians of Colour Leisure. $10 prematurely; $15 on the door. 9pm to 2am.
- S!ck!ck DJ Set at Stereo Live Houston – The masked Canadian EDM artist and DJ brings it to West Houston for a Friday night time set. $23. 10pm to 2am.
- Extra Nice Issues to Do All Weekend Lengthy – A few of the greatest issues to do in Houston are occurring all weekend lengthy. Scroll as much as see our listing, or browse Houston Experiences to avoid wasting on museum passes, excursions, and extra.
Add Your Occasion
Don’t see your occasion? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day. Or contact our promoting workforce to study larger campaigns, including bulk and discount options.