Mentorship Useful resource Growth for the Sexual Well being and Reproductive Schooling Program
Sort of Contract: Impartial Consultancy (Particular person or Agency)
Division: World Program Growth Unit
Closing Date: 06 October 2022
Estimated Begin Date: 12 October 2022
Location: Versatile (Distant Desk Based mostly), with journey to Ghana, Mozambique and Uganda
- BACKGROUND TO THE ORGANIZATION
Proper To Play is a worldwide group dedicated to bettering the lives of youngsters and youth affected by battle, illness, and poverty. Established in 2000, Proper To Play has pioneered a novel play-based method to studying and growth, specializing in high quality training, life expertise, well being, gender equality, baby safety and constructing peaceable communities. With programming in 16 nations, Proper To Play transforms the lives of greater than 2.3 million youngsters annually, each inside and out of doors the classroom. Along with our work with youngsters, Proper To Play advocates with mother and father, native communities, and governments to advance the basic rights of all youngsters.
Proper To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and London, UK and operates in North America, Europe, the Center East, Africa, and Asia. Our packages are facilitated by greater than 600 worldwide employees and 31,900 native lecturers and coaches. For extra data, comply with @RightToPlayIntl and go to www.righttoplay.com.
SHARE Program Overview
The Sexual Well being and Reproductive Schooling (SHARE) program is a five-year, CAD 36.69MM program funded by World Affairs Canada (GAC). Designed as a gender-transformative, human-rights progressive sexual and reproductive well being and rights (SRHR) program, SHARE’s final final result is to extend the enjoyment of health-related human rights by adolescent women and younger ladies in Ghana, Mozambique, and Uganda. SHARE is carried out as a consortium led by Proper To Play (RTP), in collaboration with WaterAid, the Discussion board for African Ladies Educationalists (FAWE), and technical companion FHI 360. SHARE’s final final result will probably be achieved via motion on three interrelated pillars, notably concentrating on adolescent women and younger ladies by:
- Growing the usage of gender-responsive SRHR data and companies.
- Enhancing the supply of gender-responsive companies to deal with adolescent SRHR wants; and
- Enhancing social motion by key stakeholders to advocate for adolescent-friendly, gender-responsive SRHR companies and insurance policies.
Mentorship is among the core interventions for the SHARE program contributing to rising equitable use of gender-responsive SRH data and companies to AGYW and ABYM in faculties and communities. The varsity-based mentorship builds on RTP’s faculty membership expertise and will probably be carried out within the focused faculties via faculty golf equipment. The varsity-based mentorship periods will run weekly or biweekly for 6-9 months to finish the curriculum. Sensible and user-friendly sources/toolkits are required to information the implementation of mentorship at school settings. The sources/toolkits will present construction, steerage, and standardized implementation supplies in SHARE program nations.
The mentorship sources will present rights-based, evidence-informed, correct, and age-appropriate SRHR data to adolescent women and boys. The curriculum examines gender norms, encourages the formation of equitable and respectful relationships, and empowers adolescents to develop vanity and life expertise to speak successfully and make knowledgeable choices. The sources will probably be guided by the important thing ideas, subjects and studying goals outlined within the Worldwide Technical Steering on Sexuality Schooling.
- CONSULTANCY TASK DESCRIPTION
The consultancy work goals to develop a worldwide Mentorship Useful resource for use within the school-based mentorship with adolescents on sexual and reproductive well being and rights (SRHR) and gender equality that targets adolescents between 10 and 14 years outdated. The useful resource will incorporate gender-responsive play-based studying actions from Proper To Play’s collections which can be found as animated movies and brief PDF manuals. The video games are designed for youngsters of various ages and are supposed to be performed in school rooms, neighborhood settings, and at dwelling, with few to no supplies required.
The consultants will:
- Develop an inception report of the desk overview course of and description the methodology and conceptual framework used.
- Take part in a gathering with World Packages Division and World Program Partnerships to assemble concepts collectively on concrete content material and actions that needs to be included within the international mentorship toolkit.
- Conduct a desk overview of baseline studies, MOH and MOE sources, and different related publications to know the views of adolescents and numerous stakeholders in this system implementation areas.
- Assortment and hole evaluation of sources, manuals and toolkits sourced from respected organizations working within the fields of adolescent sexual and reproductive well being
- Facilitate or present distant help to stakeholder consultations with adolescents and youths, CBOs, CSOs, authorities stakeholders and NGOs centered on SRHR to assemble concepts collectively on concrete content material and actions that needs to be included within the Mentorship Useful resource.
- Create the framework that outlines the subjects to be lined within the entrance matter, identifies the precise key learnings, and will get approval from RTP earlier than continuing.
- Assessment and determine actions from RTP’s SRH play-based studying guide to incorporate within the mentorship toolkit and replace the chosen actions to replicate RTP’s present play-based studying methodology.
- Present inventive path for the actions to information illustration
- Submit the draft Mentorship Useful resource to RTP for overview and make revisions primarily based on suggestions
- Present distant technical help to RTP employees for piloting the draft useful resource with related stakeholders to offer suggestions on the draft.
- Revise the toolkit primarily based on suggestions and submit it to RTP HQ for last overview.
- Make last edits and submit the ultimate toolkit.
- Incorporate an M&E method within the module design in session with RTP
- Practice SHARE program employees in HQ and the three nations to make use of the ultimate model of the Mentorship Useful resource
- Make common suggestions on contextualization and adaptation.
- The event of the Mentorship Useful resource will probably be knowledgeable by rights-based sexuality training, Proper To Play’s play-based methodology, and the wants on the nation degree as articulated by adolescents, native organizations, nation groups, and different related stakeholders. The ultimate merchandise needs to be totally referenced, with content material linked to proof.
- All materials shall be produced in English and needs to be easy in expression (jargon free) for later translation. The consultants will submit an digital model of the Mentorship Useful resource bundle in Phrase by the agreed deadline to allow copy enhancing, design and formatting work.
- Proper To Play will probably be answerable for coordinating and supporting the train in partnership with related Proper To Play nation workplaces. The advisor(s) will preserve the group updated all through the challenge supply and agree on modifications to the methodology the place acceptable.
- The consultants are requested to suggest their methodology and/or method for the way they may full all of the deliverables.
All materials developed for this consultancy should be gender, age and skill delicate, and baby participatory via play-based strategies.
The important thing deliverables of the consultancy will probably be:
- Inception report of the desk overview course of and description of methodology and conceptual framework
- Report of the consultations with adolescents and youths, CBOs, CSOs, authorities stakeholder, and NGOs on content material era for the Useful resource
- Draft Mentorship Useful resource acceptable for the 10-14 age group for overview. The useful resource contains
- Standardized curriculum for the 10-14 age group
- Trainers Handbook to coach mentors
- Play-based Studying Actions Handbook to implement with adolescents
- Artwork path as required for every subject or exercise
- Report on the piloting/area testing, together with the suggestions and suggestions
- Remaining Mentorship Useful resource and supply information of all diagrams created
- At the very least one-day coaching workshop with SHARE program employees in HQ and the three nations on the ultimate SRHR Adolescents toolkit.
All supplies would be the mental property of Proper To Play.
- TIME FRAME
The anticipated begin date for the consultancy is October 12, 2022
- SUPERVISORY ARRANGEMENTS
The consultants will work carefully with and report back to the World Packages groups. The consultants and the related Proper To Play challenge crew will meet as per agreed timings at numerous levels of the consultancy interval.
- SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Superior diploma ideally in training, public well being, behavioural science, social sciences, or associated area
- Minimal ten years of more and more accountable skilled expertise in working in adolescents and youth programming, of which 5 years associated to SRHR and Life Abilities
- In-depth information of casual training points and challenges, in addition to of youth points, notably in low and middle-income nations
- Confirmed expertise in creating SRHR/GBV/Life Abilities toolkits/manuals/curricula and coaching on these subjects; pattern work to be supplied with the applying stating clearly what the position of every of the consultants was in that course of
- Demonstrated skill to built-in gender, age and inclusion issues in materials design
- Confirmed expertise in designing storyboards and conceptualizing interactive and youth-friendly toolkits/curricula; Demonstrated capability for artistic, adolescent and youth-friendly pondering and dealing with adolescents and youth, each female and male
- Expertise in play-based studying and gender-transformative programming approaches is desired
- Wonderful writing/reporting expertise
- Should have the ability to work in a multidisciplinary crew and multicultural setting
- Should be dedicated to respecting deadlines of supply outputs inside the agreed timeframe
- THE SELECTION PROCESS
RTP requires a pattern of prior related work executed/led by the advisor(s) to find out the extent of the advisor’s experience and expertise, in addition to a two-page proposal on how the consultants will conduct this consultancy, together with a timeline and methodology. As soon as the consultants are on board, their first deliverable will probably be to develop a extra detailed inception report outlining the methodology and conceptual framework.
How one can apply
- HOW TO APPLY
consultants are requested to submit:
Cowl letter that clearly articulates why you might be properly positioned to undertake this scope of labor, proposed methodology, work schedule and degree of effort (in days) and timeframe.
Pattern of labor related to the consultancy, together with coaching materials, sources or software kits accomplished inside the final 5 (5) years (to be handled as confidential and solely used for high quality assurance).
Proposed funds that features the each day fee, the full variety of anticipated days, and all taxes liable to be paid.
- Please submit your utility electronically to email@example.com. Any questions can be directed to this e-mail.
- The time limit for functions is October 06, 2022, with an estimated begin date of 12 October 2022.
- We’re dedicated to making sure variety and gender equality inside our group. All underrepresented certified teams are extremely advisable to use.
Whereas we thank all candidates for his or her curiosity, solely these chosen for interviews will probably be contacted. Proper To Play is a child-centred group. Our recruitment and choice procedures replicate our dedication to the security and safety of youngsters in our packages. To be taught extra about how we’re and what we do, please go to our web site at www.righttoplay.com
CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION
- All paperwork and information collected will probably be handled as confidential and used solely to facilitate evaluation.
- The place needed, the respondents won’t be quoted within the studies with out their permission.
- All these contracted by Proper To Play should conform to signal and abide by the Youngster Safety Coverage, Code of Conduct, and property rights insurance policies.